- Basic Life Support Review & Simulations: Addresses all elements of the Scene size-up and Initial Patient Exam.
- Adult & Child WCPR/AED Skills Lab: Obstructed airway, Adult & Child Wilderness CPR, and AED instruction, manikin practice, and certification.
- Extremity Splinting Lab: Padded aluminum splints and expedition supplies are used to improvise effective extremity splints using the buddy, cast, jelly roll, sandwich splint concepts. Bring a cut T-shirt roll and a pair of heavy hiking socks; the socks will not be cut.
- SOAP Evaluation Process: Review SOAP documentation and evaluation process in preparation for full simulations.
- Focused Spine Assessment Lab Review: How to assess and rule out possible spine injuries in a wilderness context.
- Dislocations Lab: Review relocation techniques for indirect anterior shoulder, lateral patella, digits, and jaw dislocations.
- Spine Management & Hypothermia Packaging Lab: Lifting, moving, and packaging potentially spine-injured patients lying on their back and side in a commercial or improvised litter and/or stretcher in a hypothermia package.
- Simulations: Role plays incorporating patient assessment & documentation. Make-up is used to increase the reality of traumatic simulations and cutable simulation clothing is required.