Online Lecture Topics
Normal Anatomy & Physiology
Practice Case Studies
Practical Session Schedule
Class begins at 8 AM with a mid-day break for lunch around 12-1 PM, afternoon sessions end between 5:30-6 PM. Evening sessions begin after dinner.
Hybrid WFR & WEMT Recertification Course Lab Descriptions
- Basic Life Support Review: Addresses all elements of the Scene and Primary surveys.
- Adult & Child CPR and AED Skills Review: Adult & Child CPR, AED, and Obstructed Airway skills are reviewed and refined using mannikins.
- SOAP Evaluation Process Review: Reviews WMTC SOAP documentation and evaluation process in preparation for full simulations.
- Physical Exam & Focused Spine Assessment Review: Reviews and refines your physical exam and the assessment of possible spine injuries in a wilderness context.
- Extremity Splinting Review: Padded aluminum splints are used to improvise effective extremity splints using the buddy & cast splinting concepts. And, common expedition equipment is used to improvise effective lower extremity splints using the buddy, jelly roll, and sandwich splinting concepts. This lab requires a cut T-shirt roll and a pair of heavy hiking socks; the socks will not be cut.
- Spine Management Review: Lifting, moving, and packaging potentially spine-injured patients in a commercial or improvised litter ± hypothermia packaging.
- Dislocations Review: Relocation techniques for indirect anterior shoulder, lateral patella, and digits are reviewed and practiced. Jaw reduction and passive anterior shoulder reduction techniques are demonstrated and discussed.
- Simulations: Role plays incorporating patient assessment & documentation. Makeup is used to increase the reality of traumatic simulations and cutable simulation clothing is required.